- Enjoy hassle-free digital dental impressions
- Ease jaw pain & stop snoring with custom mouthguards
- Benefit from a custom fit & durable materials
When you think of the things you need for a healthy smile, toothpaste, dental floss, and a toothbrush probably come to mind. If you’re involved in athletics, you’ll also want to invest in mouthguards in Coral Springs. The American Dental Association (ADA), the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, and the American Association of Orthodontists all recommend an athletic mouthguard to keep your smile safe during sports.Image Title: Mouthguards Protect Your Smile Read Transcript
Protect Your Smile
A lot of people don't understand the stress that your teeth go through. We see a lot of elements of grinding of the teeth, and by grinding I mean clenching the teeth together and grinding around, back and forth. We've seen some people who have actually ground their teeth down to the gums. At that point, there's no saving them, but at the initial stages, we can provide a mouthguard. This bruxism device you wear at night, and it relaxes the jaw muscles, it relaxes the joint and protects the teeth. A lot of people find resolution to headache symptoms, jaw pain symptoms, and they notice that after wearing this night guard, they wake up the next morning with a looser jaw, and they actually feel more energy.
Also, in sports, football, baseball, basketball, the teeth can be injured by opposing players, balls. We also make custom mouthguards, which fit much better and protect the teeth in a much more custom way than your store-bought boil-and-bite.
Our custom mouthguards will:
- Protect your teeth from breakage and other sports injuries
- Help you avoid costly restorative dental treatment like dental crowns
- Fit better than store-bought mouthguards, so they are more comfortable to wear
- Last for a long time with proper care, since they are made of durable materials
- Accommodate orthodontia and other unique aspects of your smile
- Require no frustrating boil-and-bite process to adjust how they fit
If you play sports, you need a mouthguard to protect your smile! Call us today at 954-737-3174. We take impressions of your teeth to ensure a comfortable, custom fit. Unlike many other dentists, we use digital scanning technology so the process is quick and minimally intrusive.
Improve Your Well-Being With Custom Mouthguards
In addition to athletic mouthguards, Dr. Nelson can fit you with custom mouthguards to ease TMJ pain or help you stop snoring so you’ll enjoy a better night’s rest. Ask us if you could benefit from a mouthguard for:
- TMJ Dysfunction and Teeth Grinding – Chronic jaw pain may be a sign that you have a TMJ disorder. This condition is often linked to jaw clenching and teeth grinding. In addition, these habits can damage your tooth enamel. Wearing a mouthguard will move your jaw into a position that protects your teeth and gives your sore jaw a chance to heal.
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea – Snoring can prevent you and other members of your household from enjoying a restful night’s sleep. It may also signal that you have sleep apnea, a potentially serious health condition. A custom mouthguard can keep your airway open while you slumber in a more comfortable and less distracting way than a CPAP machine.
For mouthguards in Coral Springs, call Nelson Dental Arts at 954-737-3174. Or .