The early effects of gum disease, like bad breath and bleeding gums, are unpleasant. Left untreated, they progress to receding gums, pain, and possibly lost teeth. Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss among adults! Fortunately, with our gum disease treatment in Coral Springs, our team can return your gums to health and protect your teeth.Clean Gums Are Healthy Gums Read Transcript
Gum disease arises from plaque and bacteria under the gums, affecting the support structures of the tooth. What we can do is get down there and cleanse the area. By cleansing it, it allows your body to heal itself and come back to health. Things you may notice after a periodontal treatment, better breath, whiter teeth, and better overall well-being.
Treating gum disease will:
- Stop uncomfortable symptoms like gum tenderness and bleeding gums
- Potentially lower your risk of health conditions associated with gum disease, including diabetes and heart disease
- Restore the healthy pink appearance of your gums for a more attractive smile
- Allow you to brush and floss your teeth without pain or bleeding
- Help you avoid the more serious effects of the disease, including bone and tooth loss
We’ll check for signs of disease during every dental exam. However, if you suspect you may have gum disease, call us ASAP at 954-737-3174. The sooner we can treat it, the better! Gum disease symptoms include bleeding gums, gum tenderness, and bad breath that won’t go away.
Keep Disease From Progressing With a Deep Cleaning
Gum disease is caused by bacteria that gets in between your teeth and gums. Once there, it creates “pockets” where even more bacteria can accumulate. Left untreated, your gums begin pulling away from teeth. The disease also begins to break down the tissue and bone that keep your teeth in place.
Our team can stop the disease from progressing with a two-part cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing:
- During scaling, we remove bacteria from above and below your gumline.
- With root planing, we smooth out your tooth roots to help your gums reattach to teeth and also to make it difficult for bacteria to collect.
Prevent Gum Disease With Consistent Oral Hygiene
The best way to prevent gum disease is with good oral hygiene:
- Brush at least twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoridated toothpaste.
- Floss once a day.
- See us every six months for professional dental cleanings.
If you’re tempted to skip regular cleanings because of a lack of dental insurance, join our dental membership plan. Low monthly payments cover the cost of your annual routine care, including two cleanings a year. Plus, you’ll receive a discount on our other services. We offer memberships for adults, children (12 and younger), and adults who have been diagnosed with gum disease (which includes three to four cleanings a year).
For gum disease treatment in Coral Springs, call 954-737-3174 or use our to schedule online.