If you wear dentures, chances are you use adhesive to help keep your teeth in place. Even with adhesive, you may find that teeth can slip out of place. You may have resigned yourself to this – but you don’t have to. Implant dentures will give you teeth that stay put and many other benefits too.
To see if dental implant dentures are right for replacing your missing teeth, call 954-737-3174 today for an appointment in our Coral Springs, FL office. In the meantime, see some of the reasons to consider implants with dentures:
- No More Adhesive – The reason you need adhesive for conventional dentures is because simple suction is all that keeps them in place. Not surprisingly, suction can fail – and often at embarrassing moments. Implants fuse with your bone after they are placed in your jaw. This makes an incredibly strong foundation for your replacement teeth. They’ll stay in place without adhesive. Plus, you won’t need any relining procedures to maintain a snug fit.
- All Your Favorite Foods – Dentures attached to implants give you chewing ability nearly equal to what you had before losing teeth. So you can eat pretty much anything you’d like. You won’t have to worry about dislodging your dentures. It’s time to enjoy corn-on-the-cob, steak, and crunchy apples again!
- Better Bone Health – Dental implants function like natural tooth roots. So in addition to keeping teeth in place, they stimulate your jaw when you chew. This keeps the bone strong. Without implants, your jaw shrinks after losing teeth. This affects your facial structure and makes you look older. Implants keep you looking younger.
- Easy Oral Hygiene – Some kinds of implant dentures stay fixed in place. So they require nothing more than simple brushing and flossing to keep them clean.
- No Uncomfortable Rubbing – Since dental implant dentures won’t move or shift, they don’t rub against your gums. No more tender spots!
Dr. Nelson can advise you on which kinds of replacement teeth will best suit your smile. He uses CT scanning and computer-guided placement to ensure a successful outcome for your implant treatment. If your jawbone isn’t strong enough to support implants, he can perform a bone graft.
If you’re wondering about cost of implant dentures, they are more expensive than conventional dentures. We can help you determine whether insurance will cover any part of your treatment. You can also join our dental membership plan, which offers a 30 percent discount on most of our dental services.
Interested in implant dentures? Call Nelson Dental Arts at 954-737-3174 today.